Dedicated Short CodesYour own Dedicated short code
What is Dedicated Short Code?
A Dedicated Short Code is 3 to 4 digit New Zealand Virtual SMS number, enables only you can send and receive SMS messages on that number - Same code over different mobile carriers including Spark, Vodafone, 2Degrees and Skinny.
It is widely known that NZ mobile operators are very strict for marketing and spammy types of messages, SMS4U strongly advises any business wants to send SMS Marketing messages should always send via their own short code.
Exclusive rights - Your Own Number
Single number, single account means only you can utilise this number. Your customers should not worry about "Is this legit?" questions as all messages will be transmitted from the same number. Give your customers confidence!
Ways to send
Ways to receive
Who uses Dedicated Short Code?
- Business wants to run SMS Marketing Campaigns - Including inbound and/or outbound SMS Campaigns.
- Medium to enterprise business wants to look professional.
- Business utilising SMS Messaging as big part of communication with their customers.
What are the types of supported short codes?
- Standard Code : Your customer pays 20c to their mobile operator, there is no extra cost to you to receive inbound messages.
- Free to Text Code : Your customer entitled free to send SMS messages, you are covering any inbound messages (12c per SMS part).
Do you provide New Zealand long code?
Unfortunately we cannot provide NZ Long Code (MSISDN Numbers) as most NZ mobile operators do not supply them any more.
NZ Short Codes are domestic use only, you cannot send/receive messages from overseas. We do provide AU Long Code to transmit messages to and from overseas.
* Pricing is in New Zealand Dollars excluding GST